Company in Focus: Blackstone | TALNT Insights
Profile: Blackstone is the world's largest alternative asset manager with approximately $600 billion worth of assets under management. Born out of the 90's leveraged-buyout era, it offers private equity, hedge fund, credit and real estate solutions to clients after publicly listing in 2007. Q1 of 2020 saw the firm turnover a $1.07BN loss - its fortunes have turned with 8.1$BN from asset sales in Q1 2021. Who's joined Blackstone in the past year?
- Blackstone began the year with Kishore Moorjani resigning from his role of head of tactical opportunities in Asia.
- It added CEO of SaaS giant Snowflake, Frank Slootman as senior advisor in January.
- The private equity firm followed by adding Michael Hovey as senior managing director for Blackstone Insurance from Morgan Stanley, where he worked for 23 years.
- In February, Shary Moalemzadeh joined as head of tactical opportunities in the US.
- Scott Bommer joined as chief investment officer for the new platform, Blackstone Horizon, seeking to target partnerships with investment managers.
- Paul Morrisey will lead the Blackstone Growth Fund (BXG) in Europe that has already invested in plant-milk leader Oatly and music service Epidemic Sound.
- The BXG will look for acquisitions in Israelâs exuberant tech sector after the appointment of Yifrat Oron as senior managing director in the new Tel-Aviv offi
- In April, Blackstone created its first ESG roles. Elizabeth Lewis, formerly of the Global Environment Fund, was named managing director of ESG.
- James Mandel, formerly of McKinsey, will hold the role of managing director of sustainability.
- Nina James will become head of ESG for Real Estate in Asia.
- Rita Mangalick has been promoted to global head of ESG for BAAM, having previously been a director for UBS asset management.
- Blackstone hired Jonny Bauer from Droga5 as head of brand transformation for its 200 companies - following from the rebranding of Thompson Reuters into Refinitiv in 2018.
- Finally, in May, Paget MacColl was hired to head the $82BN hedge fund unit, replacing Oliver Mayhoras as he moves to a broader business development role.
Jun 22 2022
Key Senior Hiring Trends - Asset Management June 2022
May 20 2021
Company in Focus: Korn Ferry | TALNT Insights
Mar 08 2021
A Cross-Industry Lens on ESG | TALNT Insights | Global