Key Senior Hiring Trends Within Global Insurance, April 2022
Of the 79 senior global insurance moves tracked over the last month, the ones that received the most interest from our subscribers on TALNT were:
- Christian Taube, who joined Beazley as its new Head of Cyber Services â International. Taube was previously Chief Information Security Officer at Contentserv and, prior to that, he built the information security practice at DataGuard. He will be taking up his new role from Beazleyâs Munich office, where he will be responsible for further developing and enhancing the companyâs cyber risk management and incident response functions.
- Charlotte Jones, who has joined Aviva as Chief Financial Officer and Executive Director. Jones was previously CFO of RSA Insurance plc, Interim Chief Executive Officer of the RSA UK & International business. Prior to her time in insurance, she held a variety of roles, such as Head of Group Finance at Credit Suisse Group, Deputy Group CFO at Deutsche Bank Group, and CFO of Jupiter Fund Management, where she was the member of the board and executive committee with responsibility for finance and corporate strategy.
- Jessica Saperstein, who has joined financial advisor and insurance firm Voya Financial as Chief Customer Experience Office. Saperstein has over 20 years of industry experience in marketing, digital transformation and global business and corporate strategy. At Voya, she will be responsible for creating and executing Voyaâs long-term customer experience (CX) plan.
- Hannah Ross, who has been appointed to Bermuda International Long Term Insurers and Reinsurers (BILTIR)âs board of directors. Ross is currently Chief Strategy and Capital Officer at multi-line insurance and financial services company The Argus Group, where she leads a team covering group actuarial and risk, capital and finance, and strategic performance delivery. She has been at Argus since 2010, before which she held actuarial roles at Synesis Life, KPMG, and Pension Insurance Corporation.
- Caroline Richardson, who has been appointed to lead the new cyber practice at Bishopsgate. Richardson was previously at Miller Insurance Services, where she worked on both retail and wholesale cyber placements and solutions for global corporate organisations and facilities and grew its international and UK business. Prior to that she was Associate Director of Aon advising large professional services clients on cyber and professional indemnity programmes, and before that she was a professional indemnity underwriter with Barbican Syndicate.
- Paula Ferreira, who has been appointed Aonâs Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Latin America in Reinsurance Solutions. Ferreira has worked at Aon for 13 years, most recently as the firmâs Reinsurance Solutions Growth Leader and President for Latin America. She brings 26 yearsâ experience in reinsurance to her new role.
- Claudia Cordioli, who has been appointed Swiss Reâs new Group Finance Director. Cordioli has worked at Swiss Re since 2003 and held a variety of roles, most recently CFO of Reinsurance.
- Vanida Pillay has been appointed the new Chief Executive of the South Africa branch of MNK Re Group. Pillay will lead MNK Reâs South Africa branch with a focus on expanding the companyâs Construction, Power, Single Project PI insurance (SPPI), Cyber and Decennial liability.
- Olivia Brindle, who has joined specialty insurer and reinsurer Fidelis as its new Head of Sustainability. Brindle joins Fidelis from Swiss Re, where she was an Investor Relations Senior Manager. Her appointment reflects Fidelisâ stated focus on ESG within the firmâs underwriting portfolio, operations, and investments.
- Emmy Pan, who has joined AXA XL as energy underwriter to its Americas Property insurance team, based in Houston. Pan joins AXA XL from Zurich North America where she managed a high volume of energy property insurance business.
- Anna Bennett, who has been appointed director of underwriting for casualty for the UK at QBE. Bennett joined QBE in 2018, where she previously held the roles of interim director of underwriting for casualty, and European operations divisional lead for multinational and portfolio manager in the UK casualty major risks team.
- Morris Taylor, who has been appointed Chief Information Officer for Markelâs insurance operations. Taylorâs role will include responsibility for leading Markelâs global IT function while continuing to build on critical partnerships across Markelâs insurance operations.
- Matthew Moore, who has been appointed President of Underwriting at Liberty Mutual.
- Susanne Figueredo Cook, who has been appointed as Chief Operating Officer at Liberty Mutual.
- Phil Hobbs was appointed as President of Liberty Specialty Markets at Liberty Mutual.
Mar 28 2022
Cross Industry Hiring Activity
Mar 01 2022
Key Senior Hiring Trends Within Global Insurance, February 2022
Mar 31 2021
Insurance Hiring Picks up After Tough Year | TALNT Insights